In our confirmation program, we focus in on three aspects to the student's growth in Christ: Head, Heart and Hands.
Through our program, we feel it is important to know what you believe, to be able to defend your faith and to apply what Martin Luther says, "Read, learn and inwardly digest" God's Word. This is the head aspect of our confirmation program.
The heart involves helping the students realize that our faith is not just a knowing issue, but the work of the Holy Spirit within our hearts, turning us toward Christ and renewing and transforming us.
Finally, is the hands aspect of our program where we seek to instill in the students a heart for service to their Savior and to others. Reaching out through acts of kindness and of service is part of our calling as Christians. As they grow to become leaders in our churches and in the world, we want them to learn the value of service.
Head, Heart and Hands, all given to God for His glory and grateful thanks for all that God has done and continues to do for us.
a vow(a public solemn promise to God) assuming personal responsibility for (confirming) the promises made for a person by their parents and sponsors at their Baptism, following a time of formal instruction.
CONFIRMATION INSTRUCTION IS...
- not the end of a faith journey, but a milestone along the path of a lifelong relationship with Christ.
- preparation for taking part in communion at Our Savior Lutheran Church.
- using the Word of God so the Holy Spirit can create a dynamic faith.
- developing solid Bible study skills and habits
- developing and continuing a pattern of regular church participation.